Ken Traen is an ADHD coach with a master’s degree in clinical social work and is a graduate of the ADD Coach Academy. He has been an ADHD coach and therapist since 2001.
Ken was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult. His diagnosis was an epiphany for him and inspired him to help others. He went on to establish a successful counseling practice specializing in adult ADHD.
His coaching philosophy is to identify client’s natural talents and then customize a plan to convert them into daily strengths. He also works with clients to find ways to integrate these strengths into their daily schedule while finding ways to manage the other more challenging areas.
As a coach Ken educates, empowers and collaborates with clients to develop tactical strategies and structure. In the process of doing so he helps them close the gap between the person they are and the person they want to become.
Education & Training
- Masters degree in clinical social work College of St. Catherine/University of St. Thomas
- First Minnesota Graduate of ADD Coach Academy, Slinger Hills, NY 2003
- Private practice specializing in providing therapy and coaching for adults with ADHD.
- 2000 – Present
- Mental health consultant for Ceridian Corporation
- ADHD specialist Attention Deficit Support Services, Minnetonka, MN